We take the impact that our business has on our our environment very seriously and expect all employees, contractors and agents to operate in line with our stated environmental policies, a copy of which is available on application in writing to our Head Office.
It is our policy to implement the duties placed upon us under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and other statutory provisions applicable to the environment.
We ensure that our employees, agents and subcontractors take action to:
- Minimise pollution to air, land and water
- Reduce waste and use only waste management licensed sites for disposal purposes
- Conserve energy
- Inform all employees on matters relevant to the environment
- Ensure that all chemicals/substances are stored safely
- Ensure that no substances are discharged to any verge, hedgerow, water body or other habitat
- Recognise special areas of conservation and take appropriate action
Employees at all levels have a duty to:
- Work in a safe and efficient manner with regard not only to their own safety but that of others and others property that may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Halt all operations on discovering the whereabouts of protected species under British Legislation (such as badgers and their sets, all species of bat, nesting birds, great crested newts) until the management has been informed and permission obtained to carry on
- Set a personal example by disposing of litter in the appropriate place
- Assist the company to comply with the relevant statutory provisions for a healthier environment
When customers and contractors enter our premises we ensure that clear and concise arrangements are made and communicated in terms of their responsibilities for environmental matters.